COMtrac Partners with Blue Light to Discuss the Future of Investigation Management
The team at COMtrac recently partnered with Blue Light in the United States to host a webinar. The presenters shared their thoughts on how cutting-edge evidence and brief management strategies can be utilised to simplify and streamline investigations.
The webinar attendees heard from:
- Craig Doran– Chief Executive Officer at COMtrac (Served 22 years in the QLD police)
- Kerri Collins– Executive Account Manager at COMtrac (24 years of law enforcement experience)
- Hunter Padgett– Global Account Manager at Blue Light (Ret. Baltimore Police Detective)
- Dallas Knight– Vice President of Client Success at Blue Light (20 years of law enforcement experience)
Building upon their extensive experience in law enforcement, the presenters shared some interesting insights including:
- Transitioning from a paper-based to an electronic system has been discussed by government agencies since 2008, with the overall goal to streamline the case from the early investigation right through to disposition. COVID-19 has accelerated this process and highlighted the need of embracing digital briefs to run virtual proceedings.
- The concept of “a bigger brief is a better brief” is misleading. Maintaining visibility of what is proven and what is yet to be proved in fact reduce the brief size while increasing the quality.
- A lot of the information gathered by investigators can be forgotten over time, particularly if you have long delays in court dates, and critical intel may be lost. The ability to access on and offsite data to meet analytic requirements can empower those working in Law Enforcement.
Kerri Collins, Executive Account Manager at COMtrac, said:
“The strength of cross-agency collaboration combined with shared knowledge and experience always delivers new insights regardless of how long you have been doing this type of work. It’s great to be able to work alongside Blue Light leaders in their field.”
Regardless of your agency type, industry or scale of your organisation, COMtrac can help you streamline your investigations. For more information, please follow this link.
Ready to increase efficiency and improve the quality of your investigations?
With COMtrac as your investigation partner, you are able to increase your front line capacity while resting assured COMtrac is by your side as your partner helping strengthen results, reducing risk and improving the overall quality of your investigations.
Contact Our Team Today to Book a Demo!
Except as permitted by the copyright law applicable to you, you may not reproduce or communicate any of the content on this website, including files downloadable from this website, without the permission of the copyright owner.
The Australian Copyright Act allows certain uses of content from the internet without the copyright owner’s permission. This includes uses by educational institutions and by Commonwealth and State governments, provided fair compensation is paid.